One of the best things about working at Randall Branding is building relationships with great people. We love it when our clients share their world with us. And in the interest of returning the favor, we’ll be sharing parts of our weird and wonderful world with you here.
Six things you may not know about Megan, our Art Director and Graphic Designer.
1. My first car was a 1993 Ford Explorer. I was the first of my friends to get a license, so I hauled us all over creation for about a year. At some point, we dubbed it the Chand Van. Every time I hear a Michael Franti song, it takes me back to that car and all the road trips we had.
2. My dad is a third generation farmer. I was born and raised on his farm in Shacklefords, Virginia, where he’s famous for his butterbeans! Sadly I didn’t inherit his green thumb.
3. I started working at fourteen, scooping ice cream and selling penny candy at a general store in Maine. I loved that job so much I worked there for eight summers.
4. My favorite quote is from Shawshank Redemption. Andy tells Red, “…get busy living or get busy dying.” It’s a pretty dark quote from a pretty dark film, but it reminds me that every day we’re given is one less day we have, and we should always make the most of it.
5. When I was little, I had a pair of Barney boots. They were winter boots (puffy and purple with fleece lining) that I wore year-round, even in the heat of summer. I also had an extreme aversion to pants. I basically started the leggings and boots movement back in ’94.
6. I love Christmas, Christmas Eve especially! My favorite traditions are the candlelit church service, baking almond cookies with my Mom, and eating raclette with the family (a dish we picked up visiting Montreal a few Christmases ago).
See you next time!