Six Things: Kate
One of the best things about working at Randall Branding is building relationships with great people. We love it when our clients share their world with us. And in the interest of returning the favor, we’ll be sharing parts of our weird and wonderful world with you here.
Six things you may not know about Kate Fallon, our Account Executive, Research Specialist and Strategic Planner.
1. Skiing is my favorite activity. I started skiing at age three in Telluride, Colorado and have been at it ever since. As president of my high school’s Alpine Club, it used to be a goal of mine to spend a year as a liftie at a ski resort in Colorado. But, I’m even happier to be spending my time in advertising.
2. I LOVE animals. While a big fan of domesticated pets, like dogs and cats (I have a black lab named Boomer and a cat name Kitty), my favorite animal is a Kinkajou. It’s this cute little monkey-like creature with a really long tail and really big, awesome eyes.
3. I really enjoy playing music. I played violin for six years and have learned (to varying degrees) how to play piano, guitar and the bagpipes. However, my favorite way to make music is singing. I was in choir for six years, travelling to Nashville and around the state of Illinois for different competitions before I went to college.
4. As a result of my love of music, I have grown to be enthralled with the performing arts and participated in a few different plays and musicals in my area. I love musicals. You can most likely hear me humming the melody to a show tune at any given moment.
5. In high school, I worked at a specialty foods store and catering company. We were on Oprah’s Favorite Things list for our Deeply Fudgy Brownies and the company has a ton of other great items on our menu. Because of this experience, I am a big foodie and take so much enjoyment out of trying a new restaurant. I want to open my own restaurant some day, but for now am subsisting on delicious sandwiches, steaks and…my favorite food…dill pickles.
6. My family is from the Chicago area and my parents are my biggest inspirations. They both work full-time, but have been able to give my younger sister and I such a loving and supportive life. We’re especially close with our neighbors and one of my favorite memories is of my mom making delicious chili and buffalo wings for football games, and sitting around with all of our neighbors talking about life. As a Midwesterner, Chicago Bears football, mom’s chili and family friends were an integral part of growing up, and I hope to always bring the kind and hardworking Midwestern work method into my professional life.
If you want to know more about us, you can jump over here. If you’d like to see what we do, you can always jump over there.